LANES has developed a central repository of clinical and administrative data that brings important health information together from multiple sources in the Los Angeles County area and through National HIE networks. LANES securely facilitates the exchange and sharing of this important health data through a platform that offers a holistic view of the patient record.
- Continuity of care documents
- Hospital admissions, discharge and transfer (ADT) reports
- Physician notes and care plans
- Discharge summaries
- Medications, allergies and prescriptions filled
- Transitions of Care documents
- Lab results and radiology
Two-way sharing of patient health information data creates a more robust repository of information to draw from and saves significant time by accessing that data quickly on a screen instead of sifting through pages of faxed records. It is easier and more cost-effective for a hospital and other care providers to contribute new information consistently through an HIE than have to deal with interruptive requests to send records through fax or mail.
LANES provides onsite assistance to integrate the HIE into the EHR workflow of the clinician. A workflow implementation specialist will work onsite and directly with your organization to help you gain the most from using LANES and ensure the use cases that make the most sense for your business fit within your preferred clinical workflow.
LANES supports a wide variety of document exchange protocols including:
SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol)
- XDS (Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing)
- XDR (Cross-Enterprise Document Reliable Interchange)
- XDM (Cross-Enterprise Document Media Interchange)
SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol)
Secure connectivity between Participants and the LANES HIE includes:
- VPN Tunnels
- Web Services
LANES facilitates information exchange through the collection of data from Participants utilizing submissions, updates, and retrieval processes.
- CDS – Clinical Data Submissions
- CDU – Clinical Data Updates
- CDR – Clinical Data Retrieval
LANES is an opt-out HIE. Patient data is available for access by authenticated and authorized LANES participants unless patient elects to opt-out of sharing. Participants are responsible to inform patients of their option to opt-out and to inform LANES when that choice is made.
LANES takes the security and privacy of patient data seriously and has the following security protocols in place:
- Clinical data access and retrieval are tightly controlled and monitored. All attempts to access clinical data are logged and subject to periodic audit.
- Multi-factor user authentication, multilayer intrusion protection, and authenticating digital certificates are used to prevent unauthorized access, phishing, and other cyber security attacks.
- Health Plan access to patient data is limited to patients actively enrolled in the health plan.
- Individual provider access to patient data is limited to patients with whom the provider has a clinical relationship and patients for whom the provider’s organization is a participating data source.