Production Operations Manager
|Job Title||Production Operations Manager|
|Program Name||Los Angeles Network for Enhanced Services (LANES)|
|Location||Virtual (Home Office)|
|Position Status||Full Time, Non-Exempt|
|Travel Required||<20% local travel|
|Reports to||Chief Technology Officer|
LANES Health Information Exchange is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve health care delivery by building a technology platform that enables cost-effective and secure electronic exchange of patient medical records among public and private health care providers and health plans in Los Angeles County. LANES seeks to make personal health information available when and where it is needed for patient care, safely and securely. www.lanesla.org
The Production Operations Manager has the responsibility to drive operations policy, monitoring and reporting of all development and operational activities for HIE operations. Is responsible for establishing long and short term goals and objectives, operating philosophy, practices, procedures and standards as they relate to operational matters, consistent with business plans and objectives; disseminates to functional area. Ensures that standard operating procedures and development specifications ensure compliance to customer quality regarding data and functionality. The primary focus of this position is on delivering features and capabilities to our participants in an ongoing operations environment.
This will be a virtual home-based position. Candidate must be based in the Los Angeles area to attend periodic meetings in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
Employment is provided by Heluna Health, LANES’ fiscal intermediary.
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology quality assurance across diverse application areas and technologies and methodologies.
- 4+ years’ experience in leading project teams and implementing healthcare related system dealing with HL7/Clinical data in a distributed environment
- 2+ years’ managing projects in vendor services environment
- 2+ years’ of managing clients
- 4+ years of HIPAA environment experience
- Undergraduate degree
- 3+ years in healthcare operations.
- Proficient on a PC including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to define quality measure for clinical data quality
- Process improvements to enhance quality outputs
- Manage all aspects of system monitoring, standard operating procedures and service level agreements
- Adopt best in class processes and tools
- Experience with clinical data driven quality and functionality
- Strong understanding of information systems principles and techniques of data gathering, analysis and project management.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Working understanding of Health Information Exchange (HIE) concepts and practice management/electronic health record interfaces to external systems.
- Master’s degree with emphasis in clinical health care & IT
- Solid understanding of current technologies with the ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
- Experience with industry best practices in testing methodologies and process improvements.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to resolve complex and difficult issues.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment.
- Effectively direct all activities within operations and development department
- Oversee internal and external audits and reviews for corrective action
- Read, analyze, and interpret business information, journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to write reports and findings and present to all levels of management
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES AND MANAGEMENT OF
- Ensure project objectives and phases are being achieved on a timely basis.
- Oversee all aspects of execution, including identifying and solving problems that would otherwise interrupt/delay the provision of HIE services; assure projects are completed on-time and delivered with the expected value to our participants
- Develop and manage all standard operating procedures
- Develop and maintain company alignment to service level agreements
- Establish a resource model to support continuing operations of standard operating procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure HIE operations are successful.
- Leverages project team interactions and continuous review of company documentation to ensure clinical data processing aligns to the HIE.
- Support QA of interface development
- Manage EMPI operation and related issues
- Primary person for On Call Activities
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled, including periodic attendance at meetings in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.