|Job Title||Project Manager|
|Program Name||Los Angeles Network for Enhanced Services (LANES)|
|Location||Virtual (Home Office)|
|Position Status||Full Time, Non-Exempt|
|Travel Required||<20% local travel|
|Reports to||Chief Technology Officer|
LANES Health Information Exchange is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve health care delivery by building a technology platform that enables cost-effective and secure electronic exchange of patient medical records among public and private health care providers and health plans in Los Angeles County. LANES seeks to make personal health information available when and where it is needed for patient care, safely and securely. www.lanesla.org
Delivers projects on time, within budget, while meeting expectations of the health information exchange of Los Angeles. Plans, directs and coordinates activities pertaining to technology and business unit projects, on an enterprise level or for a major systems implementation program with multiple releases and work streams. Verifies project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Responsible for managing tasks the teams develop and executes information technology projects. Shares responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit.
This will be a virtual home-based position. Candidate must be based in the Los Angeles area to attend periodic meetings in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
Employment is provided by Heluna Health, LANES’ fiscal intermediary.
- 8+ years’ experience in information technology project management across diverse application areas and technologies and methodologies.
- 2+ years’ experience in leading project teams and implementing healthcare related system dealing with HL7/Clinical data in a distributed environment
- 4+ years’ managing projects in vendor services environment
- 4+ years’ of managing clients
- Undergraduate degree and Master’s degree a plus.
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems or Healthcare IT
- Solid understanding of current technologies with the ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies.
- Ability to align change management strategies with project priorities
- Skilled in conceptualizing creative solutions, documenting them, and presenting/selling them to senior management.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to resolve complex and difficult issues.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES AND MANAGEMENT OF
- Supports the work of project team
- Identifies and deploys resources required for projects.
- Manages priorities using agile methodologies
- Functions as escalation to project teams to resolve issues.
- Champions Process Improvements
Managing Projects and Policies
- Performs Information Technology (IT) project planning, including identifying and developing goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identifications of risks, contingency plans, allocation of available resources, and deliverables to meet business need.
- Serves as liaison to clients a main point of contact
- Manages day to day activities
- Develops high-level business requirements including cost estimate for a project to determine whether the project is justified.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to monitor project(s) so that they progress on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Interfaces with vendor(s) for programs under direct control.
- Manages project risks.
- Needs to understand an agile development cycle
- Able to triage issues
- Execute against the plan, and make recommendations to the plan as necessary
- Solid experiences with agile SDLC
- Solid experience with vendor management
- Solid experience with reporting up to management on status of projects
- Solid experience with on the ground execution of many tasks at once
- Must be a strong and effective communicator
- Results oriented
- Strong focus on quality assurance
- Generate status reports regularly
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled, including periodic attendance at meetings in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.