|Job Title||Technical Lead|
|Program Name||Los Angeles Network for Enhanced Services (LANES)|
|Location||Virtual (Home Office)|
|Position Status||Full Time|
|Travel Required||<20% local travel|
|Reports to||Chief Technology Officer|
LANES Health Information Exchange is a non-profit organization whose mission is to improve health care delivery by building a technology platform that enables cost-effective and secure electronic exchange of patient medical records among public and private health care providers and health plans in Los Angeles County. LANES seeks to make personal health information available when and where it is needed for patient care, safely and securely. www.lanesla.org
The Technical Lead will provide operational and technical support to LANES.
Responsible for effectively interacting with the NextGen (Mirth) Software as a Service (SaaS) platform including production support, operational support and development of interfaces and reports. Responsibilities include interacting with NextGen (Mirth), LANES team and LANES clients and external vender as necessary. Provides day-to-day analysis of HIE development activities, including systems functions, report analysis, and monitoring of quality standards. Provides technical development support for any issues or concerns with the NextGen (Mirth) platform, monitors and documents resolution progress and provides updates to all parties. Clearly understand the mission of the LANES and demonstrate exceptional customer service to all LANES’ participants and team members. Work collaboratively with all to support program objectives.
This will be a virtual home-based position. Candidate must be based in the Los Angeles area to attend periodic meetings in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
Employment is provided by Heluna Health, LANES’ fiscal intermediary.
- Develop an operational environment for big data infrastructure that allow LANES to provide clinical data analysis.
- Provide architectural guidance and support of current and future designs to ensure scalability and availability on cloud infrastructure.
- Oversee the development of NextGen (Mirth), and other service providers, including developing feedback mechanisms from program participants and analysis of NextGen (Mirth)’s reporting tools.
- Provide day to day support of HIE development operations and activities, including reports, technical assistance, client support, help desk and utilization reports.
- Develop technical solutions to support business objectives using an array of technologies and methods that align to best practices in the market.
- Assure projects are completed on-time and delivered with the expected value to end user stakeholders.
- Work with other technical resources in joint development and solutioning, debugging and defining processes and procedures to increase proficiencies and quality.
- Define and execute on an establish SDLC with process improvements.
- Other duties as required to ensure LANES operations are successful.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology (IT) or a related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in information technology across diverse application areas and technologies and methodologies
- Four (4) years of experience working in team environments and implementing healthcare related system dealing with HL7/Clinical data in a distributed environment
- Two (2) years of experience in vendor services environment
- Four (4) years of experience with RDMS and No SQL
- Four (4) years of experience with Interface development using HL7
- Two (2) years of experience with solutions Architecture
- Two (2) years of experience managing clients
- Five (5) years of experience in software development
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to adopt best in class processes and tools
- Experience with clinical data driven quality and functionality
- Master’s degree in information technology (IT) or a related field
- Solid understanding of current technologies with the ability to develop and deliver projects using leading edge technologies
- Experience with industry best practices in software methodologies and process improvements
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Extremely high level of analytical ability to resolve complex and difficult issues
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to write reports and findings and present to all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled, including periodic attendance at meetings in the Downtown Los Angeles area.
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.